[Jacob-list] Mounting Jacobs

Bill Hyslip slipclan at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 29 10:17:13 EST 2006

"I have a friend who has a 4h ram who has begun attacking her son and husband whenever they come near him, so obviously she is going to dispose of him. She wants to have the head mounted, but says the taxidermist doesn't know where to get a mount for a 4-horned sheep. I don't know anything about taxidermy, but I'm guessing this is some sort of form or something they use? Anyway--do any of you out there have any suggestions? Either of where her taxidermist could find what he needs or how to go about shipping a large sheep head to someone who can do it?
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Melody"

Melody,

I am a professional taxidermist by trade and a Jacob's breeder on the side. 4-horned sheep are mounted on a regular basis as they are considered a "trophy" on many of the high fenced ranches in Texas. However, as Robin and others have pointed out, a different form must be used. Either a Corsican or Mouflon sheep form can be used, however it will have to be altered proportionately to the measurements from the Jacob's. I'd would offer to do it, but I'm in Arizona and I have a backlog of work that goes on seemingly forever. =) Hope this helps.

Bill Hyslip
Mountain Memories Farm
www.mtn-memories.com