[Jacob-list] LGC (not D)

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Fri May 26 17:48:58 EDT 2006

Sometimes you really wish you had a camera in hand.  For the last couple of weeks, a small dog has been hanging around.  He's only about the size of a Boston Bull Terrier, but a dog that size joined in to run the neighbor sheep to death, so he was not welcome here.  I shot at him almost daily to scare him and finally was thinking I would just have to aim to hit him.  Like most people, I don't like to kill a dog, but I prefer it to having to shoot injured sheep or rabbits.

I was sitting at the computer answering some emails and saw the dog out the window.  I was just heading for the rifle when I heard an god-awful scream.  I looked out the window and saw my cat latched onto the dog's butt.  Dorothy, my Livestock Guardian Cat, was snarling like a wild tiger with all four feet attached to the dog, and the dog was screaming like a banshee.

The dog has not returned.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com