[Jacob-list] ewe question

Donna Stimmel ark at stimmel.calinet.com
Wed May 17 22:22:45 EDT 2006

I have a ewe that lambed with twins in March...her wool looks awful..She is a quality animal from a reputable breeder- scrapie- free flock. She had twin ewes at her side when I bought her and didn't look like this. She was overdue for shearing and was rubbing her neck quite a bit before shearing in Feb. Now she just looks like a moth-eaten carpet.Her wool doesn't even seem to be growing much. I wormed her today- she is not on pasture- just volunteer grass and alfalfa. Everyone else looks good!!! Any clues..?? I wormed everyone in the fall--and I keep pens pretty clean . Donna