[Jacob-list] Lamb diarrhea correction

Neal and Louise Grose nlgrose at yadtel.net
Tue May 16 15:03:19 EDT 2006

Coccidiosis is a definite possibility. It is not a bacteria, but rather a
parasite, and requires more extensive treatment with Corid. There is always
some coccidia present. Close confinement of livestock and exposure to adult
feces increases the parasite dosage rate and causes problems. Where the
lambs are grouped, the feeding of ionophores like Bovatech becomes more
important. If one lamb has it, then they all have it.

Neal Grose