[Jacob-list] next installment

spotted_sheep at bluefrog.com spotted_sheep at bluefrog.com
Fri Mar 31 21:30:52 EST 2006

Hi, I had a ewe that had something like that happen to her. She had
twins and lost both of them and she cried and cried so we got her a
"new" lamb, it was a 9 day old bummer ram lamb from another farm. It
was not love at first sight but after about a week of holding mama
still they where fine. Now she stands still for him to nurse and you
can't tell if he was born out of her or not they are so close.
I got the lamb to try to nurse on her by not giving him the bottle, but
just make sure the lamb is getting milk by holding the ewe two-three
times a day for the lamb to nurse.
Marie