[Jacob-list] next installment

Betty Berlenbach lambfarm at sover.net
Fri Mar 31 19:57:25 EST 2006

of interesting morning...

By late afternoon, both mothers had rejected three of the five lambs; Mother of cow=lamb twins will take only one of them, rejected the triplet she earlier screamed for.  Mother of Triplets rejected other cow=-lamb she at first accepted, AND her other trip that had been cleaned off by cow=lamb mother...Unbelieveable.  I haven't had bottle babies in years, but these three were being beaten up like crazy.  Good part: I took the first rejectee to nursing home where my mother in law recently, as in yesterday, transferred to.  She was wheeled around with the lamb on her lap, queen for a day.  They are having a contest to name the lamb, and I've promised to bring him in each day...rigging up diaper deally...at least while he's small.  GREAT, just what I need!  The other two bottle babies I am thinking might go to the family on the corner who have tons of kids and a farm OR to my spinning friends, who, fortunately, are coming here to spin on Sunday...heheheh...I sure don't want three bottle babies!  Luckily, they are too dark, so it isn't ruining perfectly good lambs!