[Jacob-list] sick ewes update- illness vs. nose bots

Tom and Judy Riddolls grey_wethers_farm at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 30 10:04:43 EST 2006

yes i took them off the sap, just in case.  they seem to be doing better,
but i have been watching them closely and it seems like bahaviour, not
poisoning.  When you draw their attention they stop acting that way, they
have big appetites and seem to be feeling fine, just acting weird.
Personally i believe it is the nose bots theory.  flies have all hatched
here the last week, with honey bees all over the place and cluster flies in
the grass, so maybe they are reacting to their presence like horses and
stable flies.  they seem to have returned basically to normal, their stool
and food/water intake (no they weren't intaking stool...)  never changed so
we will keep watching and see, also call some local sheep people to see if
they noticed anything this week.

thanks to all the input!
Tom and Judy