[Jacob-list] Dead ram

-sam lodestarshepherds at mcn.net
Mon Mar 27 11:49:31 EST 2006

Hi all,
I couldn't find my ram this morning, he wasn't with the horses which is
where he usually hangs out... after looking through out the pasture for
him, I found him dead at the far end. He had slight blood on his penis &
rectum and an ugly yellow clotty puss gurgled out of his nasal passages
when I turned him over. There was nothing else visible... no bullet
holes, dog bites etc.
Any ideas?
Should I be concerned about my ewes and babies?

Any breeders in Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, etc. who might have a nice ram
lamb for sale?

Thanks,
sami jones in Montana, always a lurker until now