[Jacob-list] lamb hops

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Thu Mar 23 21:38:07 EST 2006

Just to clarify.  Any lamb from any breed ought to be up and nursing rather quickly - minutes, not hours.  Commercial meat sheep breeders are certainly not breeding for the lamb that needs help to get up and nurse.

It's the lamb hops I was referring to.  It's usual for our lambs to be bouncing around (doing little lamby hops) at less than an hour old. It's the enthusiasm that I find most endearing about a Jacob lamb.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com