[Jacob-list] HELP! Springtime Problems

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 22 21:08:05 EST 2006

>On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:10:01 -0800 (PST), Christopher Brantley wrote:
> OK, I've had four lambs born thus far here... and four lambs have
> died
=========
So sorry for your loss.  This is a tough one to figure out.  If the cause
is never figured out, sometimes it is a good idea to have the dead lambs
autopsied, I believe it is called Necropsied, or something like that.  Keep
the dead lambs frozen until they are sent. The people in the lab will
dissect the lambs, examine the internal organs, especially the liver, etc.
Contact your Extension Agent or Vet to find out where to send them.  Maybe
a local place, a vet clinic, can do it before your other ewes give birth.
I have no idea what would cause something like this, except maybe that
disease caused by an organism carried by barn cats, but that usually
results in abortions..
Hope it has stopped.
Cathy