[Jacob-list] Dogs, Sheep & Guardians

perfectspot at blueridge.net perfectspot at blueridge.net
Wed Mar 15 18:26:35 EST 2006

I would like to expand the topic of sheep and dogs in slightly different
direction, and hope that there will be responses from many of you.

I am curious about what (if any) flock guardians various shepherds
maintain in their flocks.  Do you use dogs, llamas, nothing at all?

We are located in an area that is growing quickly.  I do not foresee that
we will be able to use dogs as flock guardians in the future, once our
current dogs have finished their work with us.  They are wonderful and I
can’t envision using anything else, much less nothing at all, but am
interested in hearing what is working for others
or not working.

Thanks!
Cathy
Perfect Spot Farm