[Jacob-list] Re: Small Sheep

Sharon Hill sharonehill at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 18:43:38 EST 2006

Hi All,

I am wondering if others have had experience with a
lamb that doesn't grow very big.  I wrote last summer
about my favorite ewe who dropped dead suddenly for no
apparent reason.  At the time, she had a wether lamb
about 10 or 12 weeks old that she had not weaned yet.
He was already eating grass and hay and some grain, so
he didn't have much trouble adjusting to life without
his mom.  However he hasn't really grown much after
that.  He will be 1 year old in April, and he probably
weighs only about 40 pounds, definitely not more than
50.  Should I have bottle fed him for a while after
his mom died?  His fleece will be about big enough for
a pair of socks or 2.  I have never seen such a little
guy.  He is sweet though, and very friendly.  A nice
little pet.

I don't know about elsewhere, but here in Georgia the
flowers and trees are blooming, the grass is growing,
the frogs are croaking and the air is getting warm.  I
love Spring!

Sharon Hill
Kingston, GA