[Jacob-list] vegetable matter

Gillian Fuqua gillianfuqua at adelphia.net
Tue Mar 7 12:35:20 EST 2006

	Some of my girls get a lot of junk in their fleeces and others
don't.  I'm with Juliet in her line of thinking.  I do some picking
as I skirt.  Mostly what I do is leave the fleece sitting in the Dawn
bath for a bit and the rinses and a lot of crud floats to the top.
I  have an old screen door I use to dry fleece on and as I am walking
around fluffing the fleece I pick out bits.  Leftover small bits come
out as I tease it before I card it, when I spin it, and, like Juliet,
when I wear it.  I am going to try Linda's dryer method as that is
intriguing me.
	I am back from 5 days in Florida which was nice and sunny but
definitely not the place for me.  It was good for me in my hip
rehabbing to be someplace flat and warm.  I am back up in the barn
regularly.  After three weeks of hauling water, my husband finally
sees the need to fix the barn water, which has been out for two
years.  Somehow he never thought it was that big a deal before and
was thinking I was foolish to spend the money on repair.  Funny how
that worked.....

Gillian