[Jacob-list] cleaning dirty fleece

Lia Belanger lbbdvm at londonderryvet.com
Mon Mar 6 12:47:20 EST 2006

I need some advice from the experienced spinners out there.  Due to a combination of management issues, most of which cannot be easily remedied, our fleeces are always positively filthy and packed with vegetation.  I'm trying to get some cleaned up to use but it has been slow going.  What I thought I would do is wash it once to get out the major grunge, then card it to get out as much vegetation as possible, then wash again.  Is this a good idea or a terrible idea?  Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Liam