[Jacob-list] Horns on ram lamb

Neal and Louise Grose nlgrose at yadtel.net
Sun Mar 5 14:37:05 EST 2006

There seems to be a difference of opinion on horn growth on wethers. I have
heard reports before of everything from ewe size to near ram size (though
not as robust). It is possible that all of these are correct.

In our flock, ram horns seem to be about 3 times the size of ewe's. Wether
horns seem to grow about 50% larger than ewe horns.

Just as an informal study, do several people have wethers that are siblings
to ewes and/or rams that could be measured and compared?

Neal Grose

"Statistics gives you a correct answer. That does not mean you have asked
the right question." STAT301