[Jacob-list] Jacob breeder in Marion OH

Tom and Judy Riddolls grey_wethers_farm at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 22 16:22:36 EDT 2006

here is a question related to bad buyers- of which i must say i am often
guilty.  My pick-up died ages ago, we are too poor to get it fixed (not a
small problem, and we have a small SUV and borrow a trailer, now my wife and
i are too busy as it is and it takes us ages to get anything arranged, so
what happens is i call around and talk to sellers and get them excited then
say ok well i come by in a month, well it gets a lot of people upset.  i
guess with reason, but we just can't drive and pick up animals on a day's
notice.  We just picked up for lambs from Melanie Boxall which is 4 hours
from here that she advertised here a few months ago, the price went up
because lambs don't stay small for long, but that's fair, she did not mind
but others get all mad at me and some refuse to sell.  so what should i do?
a local goat breeder was selling some animals and we picked one out and said
we would pick it up in two months, well 6 weeks later i had built the goat's
pen but the fellow had sold her! but if i wait till we're ready the
advertised animals may be gone.

so my point is that some bad buyers have only good intentions

also melanie boxall still has plenty of animals to sell, not papered but
very handsome and at meat prices

tom