[Jacob-list] Re: follow up on lamb from scurred ewe

Sharon Hill sharonehill at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 20 17:15:29 EDT 2006

Hi All,

For anyone who is interested:  I decided to castrate
the ram lamb from the ewe with the scurred laterals
that I wrote about earlier.  When I caught him to do
the job, I found that his laterals are probably scurs
or abberant horns also.  They look fine, but seem
attached to the skin instead of the skull.  From some
of the earlier e-mails, I thought that this trait was
not normally exhibited in rams.  I am passing this
along in case anyone is keeping track of this stuff.

Sharon Hill