[Jacob-list] butchering lamb

Neal and Louise Grose nlgrose at yadtel.net
Tue Jun 20 14:25:23 EDT 2006

Few hours? Most people (i.e. men) around here try to draw the process out as long as possible. (We generally cook pigs aroun'cher, but I have had a trio of pig, lamb and deer that couldn't be beat.) It works well to use a grill top made out of concrete reinforcing rod, divide the animal in half along the backbone, and turn it frequently after searing on each side. It is important (I hear) to start early and monitor the process closely, which of course involves sitting around and cooling anything that is over-heated with beer. Remove most of the coals and cook slowly so as to not waste the beer on the meat. We have found that tornado damaged apple and pecan trees have a very useful afterlife.

Neal Grose