[Jacob-list] shearing with fiskers

Tom and Judy Riddolls grey_wethers_farm at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 13 22:08:37 EDT 2006

i was wondering about a stall set-up and how it would get in the way, i have
two ewes right now and did the other soon after the first, I did the calm
one first and still had to tackle her to get the collar on her but she stood
fine after that, the second one has always been wild, a crazy four-horned
snorting beast with a mane like a lion (i suspect they have something else
in them way back) well she did not like it at all, and she has these shrp
horns that point in all directions and you aren't safe anywhere, but she is
beefy and so are her two boys so for freezer meat she's good, but i sheared
her second and she fought half the time i had to pin her against the fence
as she gored me in the rear, but still no nicks, but she my wife commented
she looked a bit more ragged than the first.  I wish it was a bonding
moment! they are happy now but it was an ordeal we are both happy to be done
with!

so what does one do with a grain sack full of dirty wool? there was lots of
talk a few months back about how more than 3 pieces of dirt and they toss
it, well mine is full of it.  any ideas?
tom and judy