[Jacob-list] Coughing lamb

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Mon Jun 12 18:39:03 EDT 2006

You might want to confirm that she has bacterial pneumonia or pneumonia at all. Can you  have a vet listen to her lungs?? That's not really a very high temperature.  I understand the aggressive use of penicillin when it's a life threatening situation - at that point you don't have much to lose.  I believe the adult dosage for sheep is about 2cc for each 75lb to 100lb. Sources differ as to the dosage for sheep, but as Neal says, most vets will say about 2x the cattle dose, which is 2cc for 150lb.

Hope the cough clears up soon :-)

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com