[Jacob-list] RE: Link on ALBC's Web Page for Jacob Sheep

Robert May newjerseyjacobs at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 8 22:34:05 EDT 2006

Juliet...

Thank you for your remarks...all very valid points.
We here in the States (on this side of the pond)
routinely have to deal with judges who believe that
"bigger is necessarily better".  Most of the breeders
that I know (who show their Jacobs)continue to do so
to promote the breed, and have resisted the
temptations to "breed up".

I'm content with the fine-boned Jacobs in our flock (a
little over 100)and enjoy the challenge of pairing up
ewes with rams, in an effort to get better quality
fleeces, rather than to increase the "size" of
individuals "members" of our flock.

Regards,
Bob

--- gordon johnston