[Jacob-list] (no subject)

Susan J Martin stcroft at ptd.net
Thu Jun 8 14:54:09 EDT 2006

Obviously there is a lot of merit in keeping the primitive Jacob primitive and most of us have committed ourselves to that.  But, Cathy, you nailed another great reason......these guys are smaller and easier to handle, especially since many of the smaller flocks are managed by women.  When I see some of the HUGE Hampshires at our local fairs & farm shows, I am amazed at their size and intimidated -- I would never be able to handle one of them and I'm not sure my  husband would either!!

Sue Martin

Stonecroft Manor
"The meadows are clothed with flocks of sheep...They all shout and sing for joy!"
Psa. 65:13