[Jacob-list] California, here we go!

Anderson, Gary B. GBAnderson at UCDavis.Edu
Thu Jun 1 16:33:03 EDT 2006

After 33 years in California, Dianne and I have decided to retire and move
to the home farm in Michigan where I grew up.  Our flock name, Hillside,
finally will find its meaning on the property where our home will be built.
Tentatively, I plan to retire in November.  Some of our flock will be moved
to Michigan, but by fall we will need to sell the rest, primarily C-, D- and
E-generation ewes and rams.  Anyone making a swing through California this
summer is invited to visit us to add new genetics to their flocks by
selecting good-quality Jacob sheep at moving-sale prices.  I look forward to
avoiding the incompatible "rare breed conservation" and "livestock auction"
dilemma.

We have F-generation ewe lambs that will be hankering for an F-generation
ram this fall.  Anyone who lives near I-80, which we're likely to travel
with sheep en route to Michigan some time this summer or fall (or anyone
driving through Northern California this summer), and who has an
F-generation ram to trade for California stock is invited to contact me
(gbanderson at ucdavis.edu <mailto:gbanderson at ucdavis.edu> ).

Gary Anderson
Davis, California