[Jacob-list] (no subject)

Susan J Martin stcroft at ptd.net
Mon Jul 31 18:43:47 EDT 2006

I was wondering -- have any of you noticed a greater parasite problem in lambs when creep feed is available to them?  It appears that here, on the yrs. when I provided no creep feed for lambs with only meadow grass available,  parasites seemed less severe.  When the little guys can stuff themselves with Agway's Lamb Grower medicated pellets I have had more tapeworm infestations..........do tapes thrive more in a gut full of processed lamb pellets, and less so in a gut full of grass?  Would the tapeworms find a whole grain feed (corn, oats, soybeans, etc) less palatable?

Sue Martin

Stonecroft Manor
"The meadows are clothed with flocks of sheep...They all shout and sing for joy!"
Psa. 65:13