[Jacob-list] Bloody noses/heat

Karen karen at benjaminfarms.com
Mon Jul 24 16:24:17 EDT 2006

    Every summer I struggle with this, when it gets hot.  My sheep get
hot,  then they pant,  then they get runny noses and coughs which can
also turn into nose bots or a bloody nose sometimes. I figure I am
dealing with different stages of a respiratory infection from the
panting due to heat stress.  I have found putting vitiaims in the water,
along with apple cider vinegar and a antibodic if it gets really bad,
helps. If my sheep get too congested,  I have even given a cheap
antihistame in the grain to help dry them up.
Karen Sigler
Benjamin Farms  Utah