[Jacob-list] In-breeding

Neal and Louise Grose nlgrose at yadtel.net
Sat Jan 28 04:53:42 EST 2006

Keep in mind that ALL Jacob sheep were incredibly inbred until we got
started mixing bloodlines. I credit the lack of noticeable birth defects to
this. I think that many of the defects that we would have seen were culled
long ago.

My guess is that 6.4 inbreeding in Jacob sheep is an impossibly low goal if
you look back enough generations.

Neal
"Invention does not consist in creating out of void, but out of chaos" Mary
Shelly