[Jacob-list] The perfect sheep

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 6 18:56:31 EST 2006

I'm not saying I want an entire herd of perfect ewes, I just want one; I
too like the variety.  Gee, so everyone's herd looks like mine?..........A
mix of black & white, black&white&redbrown, 80% white, a few spots, some
with lots of spots with white legs, producing a few lambs that are mostly
dark, some with long wool and others with very short......Seriously though,
does anyone raise the kind of ewe that I previously described (see earlier
post)?  I am especially interested in the longer (strands 8-10 inches)
wool, it's not easy to find.  I have two ewes with long black/white (no
redbrown) wool and I kept two of their long wooled lambs, one is a wether.
Maybe the perfect ewe that I described doesn't really exist.  I suppose I
could go back to oil painting and make a portrait of one.........

>Sorry you are not feeling well Betty and what's worse, you have a dying
ram.  Not a good way to bring in the new year.  Try and think of positive
things, like the new lambs in the spring.  Hope you get better soon.
Cathy
Moscow, Idaho