[Jacob-list] ya' know,

Betty Berlenbach lambfarm at sover.net
Fri Jan 6 16:27:14 EST 2006

if we all got our wish and got the perfect ram and perfect ewe, how boring lambing would be, if all the lambs looked the same...and with no bad ones to compare them to, the good ones wouldn't look quite as incredibly good, would they?  So, maybe we all ought to stick with what's around in the gene pool now, and stop trying to make "clony" sheep!!!!  I love it when I'm surprised by two incredibly beautiful lambs out of a not so beautiful ewe, and when the opposite happens, I'm not real surprised. The real question becomes: would you rather have a spectacular set of sheep on the field, who threw so-so lambs, or not so great looking flock who threw spectacular lambs?  Probably a mixture of each would be best!  I'm turning philosophical, I guess: not much else to do when you're sitting around coughing out your brains with bronchitis.  On top of it all, my spectacular mioget shetland ram, who threw gorgeous lambs, about 6:1 girls to boys, appears to be dying.  He's nine and very frail...so, in addition to the cough, I have a death watch going here, planning on how to bury him in weather like this...the compost pile it is.