[Jacob-list] Ewe twin died :-(

Susan Roenke oliveoyl_123 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 22 08:30:04 EST 2006

Well, Marie's ewe twin died yesterday.  The lamb was comatose yesterday
morning but she could still hear a heartbeat so she put her in the warm
water bucket, but in researching afterwards we should have had glucose
before warming her.  We bought some calcium gluconate (for cattle with milk
fever) does anyone know if that is comparable to glucose?  The ram lamb has
been been getting cold so we bring him in for a while and warm him up and
take him back to mom who misses him (them, she seems to be looking for her
other - she usually twins we were told.)  So today is supposed to be warmer
and tonight not as cold.
Hopefully we are through the cold - she just came in and told me one of her
ewes (mixed bred) died from the cold too - the goats had eaten all her wool
off of her. :-(
Marie's email is spotted_sheep at bluefrog.com if anyone wants to write her.
Sue