[Jacob-list] weird thing this a.m.

Betty Berlenbach lambfarm at sover.net
Fri Feb 17 16:12:31 EST 2006

This happened to one of my shetlands, but I'm guessing, at the instigation of one of the jacobs: I went out this a.m. and found one shetland ewe with what appeared to be a dislocated bottom jaw, way over to the side and seemingly stuck.  Took a while for me to catch her; I carefully opened her mouth, which wasn't easy, something clicked a couple of times, and then it righted itself.  She's been fine ever since.  No idea what it was, but can only assume that it was the recipient of a blow, from maybe a horn, during a little ewe-fight.  Anyone ever experience such a thing?