[Jacob-list] beets ?

Melody critterland at bendcable.com
Tue Feb 7 14:13:03 EST 2006

Is it the beet greens or the roots that are said to be toxic, or both?
There are often chemical compounds in one part of a plant that are not
present in other parts.  I have not heard about this, but would be
interested to know more.  My goats love their daily ration of shredded beet
pulp with molasses, (commercially produced) but that doesn't mean it is ok
for sheep and I have never fed it to my sheep.  Will be interested to know
the outcome of this--please keep us posted.  Where did you read the
information originally?
Melody