[Jacob-list] Llamas

Shannon Phifer kenleighacres at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 21 12:39:55 EST 2006

Hi Lynette - We were really lucky when we got our
first llamas. We visited a llama breeder in Redmond,
OR, who guarantees her llamas to guard sheep. They
haven't necessarily been with sheep before, but she
will either trade or refund your money. One worked
out great and the other one we ended up trading. That
first llama, Magoo, is the best llama we have - he
will herd the sheep up when he senses trouble and he
will also go after a threat aggressively. He was a
show llama, so he is very easy to catch and lead, but
he doesn't really like people so he isn't in your face
when you are out with the sheep. He loves his sheep
and we didn't go through any special introduction. We
turned him out in the pasture with the sheep and
watched to see what would happen, it was immediately
apparent that he was going to work out great! Good
luck with your search!

Shannon Phifer
www.kenleigh-acres.com