[Jacob-list] Hay issue

Joy Thomas, SonRise Farm shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 17 09:42:53 EST 2006

Round bales are delivered by my hay man and placed on
a row of pallets to keep them off the ground. When we
need a new one where the sheep are, we simply roll the
new roll (all four of us!) out of the storage paddock
into the sheep area.) Isn't a hard job when ground is
frozen. When it's muddy, it's a bit more tricky and
messy! <grin>

> How in the world do you handle the 6' high and 4'

> wide bales?

My square bales are a little under 50 pounds each. I
can lift them with "effort".

Joy