[Jacob-list] Hay Re: hay extender

Joy Thomas, SonRise Farm shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 14 20:48:55 EST 2006

When hay was scare here in NC several winters ago, I
ended up buying bales from our local feed store that
were transported in from New York State. It was VERY
expensive, but got me through the winter.

This is interesting! My hay man here in NC sells me
horse quality hay, stacked in my barn for $3.50 a
bale! However, my daughter in CT pays over $10 a bale
for her horse's hay!

> There is always $3/ bale hay.

I'm also planning to plant some turnip seeds in empty
protein tubs AND scatter some in a resting paddock.
When the greens are grown, will let sheep eat them.

Joy T
Son Rise Farm - Creedmoor NC
Home of The Fiber Flock
www.shepherdofspots.com