[Jacob-list] lambing kits

Gillian Fuqua gillianfuqua at adelphia.net
Tue Apr 25 16:35:45 EDT 2006

	I am by no means a seasoned veteran but will pass on what I have
learned.  Jacobs like to lamb by themselves.  I am not religious
about midnight checking when the ewe looks close, but generally go on
whether on not I think I will feel guilty if I don't.  This was only
my third lambing season but the guilt factor was way lower.  The
following is my very fancy lambing kit:  white paper towels, iodine,
medicine dose cups to dip the umbilical cord, and rubber gloves.  I
also make sure I know someone with lamb formula if I don't have any
or in the case of rejection, hold mama and make her feed baby until I
figure something out.  The las thing I have is the most important:
PHONE NUMBERS OF MORE EXPERIENCED SHEPHERDS.  I also have the camera
and the coffee.
	My friends with white sheep have many more supplies and seem to need
them more often.  Ease of lambing is one of the best things about a
primitive breed.  I hope this helps.

Gillian