[Jacob-list] Following up on delivery question

Debbie Bennett dbennet954 at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 25 11:33:47 EDT 2006

We had our own "triplet fiasco", three years ago,  miraculously, one
lamb survived. However, the ewe hasn't bred the last two years. I'm
assuming scar tissue issues. We love her anyway and she has a home
for life (she's ten now).
I have learned to trust my instincts and now if a ewe is in labor for
more than a couple hours and the labor doesn't seem to be
progressing, I step in - it usually means an incorrect birthing
position. This year, I had to help deliver twins, the first lamb had
its head back over its shoulder.
Debbie Bennett
Feral Fibre Farm
Oakland, Oregon