[Jacob-list] Bloat in Goats

rns1260 at adelphia.net rns1260 at adelphia.net
Mon Apr 3 14:55:40 EDT 2006

Hi Sue,

I have no ideas what could have caused the bloat. I did have my goats get into the feed room some years back. They consumed an entire sack of feed. I found them leaning against the barn wall looking as if they were going to explode. A vet could not make it to our area and the vet assistant gave me this terrible concoction. As awful as it sounds it worked. To my husbands dismay they are still alive and well eight years later. Bloat in goats:  2 Tablespoons Pepto &
1 Tablespoon of Tide( I used powder). Mix with a small amount of water and drench.

Cheryl,
Rise "N" Shine Farm