[Jacob-list] Birth defect ?

gordon johnston gordon at westergladstone.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Apr 2 08:53:50 EDT 2006

We did once have a lamb with what sounds to be the same condition, forelegs
flexed at the knee.  She was a large single born to an older and very
experienced ewe.  We put them in a small grassy enclosure together and the
lamb thrived.  I had hoped that with intensive physiotherapy I could
straighten the legs but I had no success. After about two months she
developed large and painful blisters on the knees from walking on them and
we had her destroyed - very sad as otherwise she was a cracker of a lamb !
Typical !
Juliet in Scotland