[Jacob-list] bald sheep

Susan J Martin stcroft at ptd.net
Thu Sep 1 21:22:10 EDT 2005

Regarding bald spots ...... last winter I noticed our ram was seemingly becoming bald on his neck......fully fleeced everywhere else except on his neck ~ he definitely was not making a fashion statement!!  I checked him thoroughly and there was no evidence of lice, skin conditions, etc.  THEN, one day I happened to notice that he was standing up against a fence and the little pygmy goat wether on the other side was eating his fleece just as fast as he could reach through the fence and strip it off!!!  It seemed to be a mutually agreeable situation ~ although I don't know why either one of them committed to this behavior.   Thankfully Spring shearing restored him to his original good looks ~ and hopefully, Rudy,  the goat has found something else to chew on!!

Sue Martin
Stonecroft