[Jacob-list] breeding for polycerates

Mark Essen messen at socket.net
Mon Oct 17 20:36:31 EDT 2005

It has been years since I used a two horned ram, but fusing and two
horned offspring were a problem.  I also have not had SUED for years,
but using a two or four horned ram did not seem to matter.  Culling the
ewe that had SUED lambs two years in a row seemed to stop that trait.  I
also did not notice any change in mass or hornset with the two horn
rams.  The main result I got was too many two horned offspring.
Mark Essen
Famous Acres
6701 County Road 353
Fulton, Mo.  65251
(573)642-0350 (phone on the wall)
(573)310-1668 (cell)
messen at socket.net
Jacobs 4-Horn Sheep, Pygmy Goats, Pyrenees, Peafowl, Highland Cattle,
Yak, Emu, Wallaroo, Wallabies, Patagonian Cavies, Llama, Capybara,
Muntjac,Elk,Red deer, and Fallow Deer all living together in the Kingdom
of Callaway