[Jacob-list] Re: Lone ram

Debbie Bennett dbennet954 at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 27 12:41:12 EST 2005

I've had crosses here over the years, for various reasons, 4H, fiber
experiments, etc. Crossing Jacobs to Icelandics and Churros mostly,
so most of the offspring have still had horns (Icelandic/Jacob
crosses have really nice BLACK fiber). Anytime, we have a cross that
looks too much like a Jacob, I wether it, or have eaten the ewes
myself. With the mandatory Scrapie tags, I feel, I can now send them
to market. If, anyone were to try to register a sheep bought from an
auction, it could easily be tracked back to the breeder. I was
contacted once this Summer about pedigrees on Jacobs I sent to
market, so, I know the system works. No worries about registering non
Jacobs anymore.
Debbie Bennett
Feral Fibre Farm
Oakland, Oregon