[Jacob-list] Wool slip

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 11 12:24:43 EST 2005

She spent the next week losing all her wool, except for her neck. I've had
sheep get a break in the fleece after stress situations but nothing quite
like this. This appeared to break off right at the skin. It's growing back.
Has anyone every seen anything like this?
=========
My ewe was very ill from peritonitis after giving birth; in fact, she was
in the ICU (intensive care unit) of the Washington State Univ. Vet Teaching
Hospital for a week.  We live only 20 miles away and she was getting worse.
They used Excenel antibiotic, banamine, electrolytes,  in an IV.  When she
came home all her wool started falling out.  After a week she was bald.  It
definitely was a reaction to being so ill.  The wool grew back completely.
She is healthy now and going on 10 yrs old.  The hospital paid half the
bill because she was used as a teaching tool.  The young student took very
good care of her.
Cathy Partridge
Moscow, Idaho