[Jacob-list] RE: Man's Sheep Costume Catches on fire

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sun Nov 6 20:04:17 EST 2005

I did a spinning demo last weekend at a farm day and the owner of my primary feed store stopped by and browsed my Jacob SHEEP/NOT GOATS photos.  A couple of days later, I was in the feed store and someone was asking a question about goats - he said "ask Linda, she has goats".

I know I've told this story before, but I'm going to repeat it since there are new members and it is my all time favorite "sheep/not goats" story.  The house we lived in before we moved here last year was built in 1888.  This used to be a very small community (with really large families and no hospitals), so we got to know alot of people that were sons/daughters or grandsons/granddaughters of people born in the house.  A granddaughter came with her son to show him the place his great grandmother was born.  Very polite teenager.  He kept referring to my sheep as goats.  I explained that they were sheep.  After a while, he finally informed me that no matter what the sellers had told me, I had come home with goats.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com