[Jacob-list] skunks

Gillian Fuqua gillianfuqua at adelphia.net
Tue May 17 15:18:46 EDT 2005

	To get a ram in the washer: put a ewe in first...

	One of my girls got sprayed on the nose.  I smeared her nose with a
tomato and did nothing else.  The smell faded over time.
	On skunks, this is for real, Havahart traps work well.  I had a pair
decide to live in my barn two years ago.  I baited the Havahart with
wet cat food.  In the morning Stinky was in the trap.  You can walk up
to the trap, holding an old blanket like a curtain.  Drop the blanket
over the trap, Stinky will calm right down, and you can carry him
anywhere.  I put him in the back of the truck and drove several miles
and dropped him in the woods.  It was a bit of a trick to uncover one
end, open it and prop it open but Stinky eventually left and waddled
off into the woods.

Gillian