[Jacob-list] wool for compost & mulch

Mark Essen messen at socket.net
Tue May 3 08:01:40 EDT 2005

Wool for mulch is best used for permanent uses such as perennials and
trees.  I have been using mine around fruit trees for years and it works
great.  It helps to keep the weeds down and makes it easier to find the
fallen apples.  It does take multiple years for it to decompose, do DO
NOT use it in your annual garden.
There is a down side though.  My orchard is along the county road and
the morning after I heavily mulched I got a call from a neighbor.  He
wanted to tell me that dogs must have gotten to a bunch of my sheep.  He
thought I had dead sheep laying all over my orchard.
Mark Essen
Famous Acres
6701 County Road 353
Fulton, Mo.  65251
(573)642-0350 (phone on the wall)
(573)310-1668 (cell)
messen at socket.net
Jacobs 4-Horn Sheep, Pygmy Goats, Pyrenees, Peafowl, Highland Cattle,
Yak, Emu, Wallaroo, Wallabies, Patagonian Cavies, Llama, Capybara,
Muntjac,Elk,Red deer, and Fallow Deer all living together in the Kingdom
of Callaway