[Jacob-list] question on horns

Mary Hansson buffgeese at yahoo.com
Sun May 1 15:40:03 EDT 2005

Neal Grose said, "This might account for Mary Ellen's
ram lamb that is polycerate AND two horned. Hey MEH,
care to put the joker in the freezer just so that we
can see what his skull looks like?"

Hi all...This is MEH.....I am missing something here.
I have Huntsberger Hunter and ISeeSpots Adonai, both
visibly upon close LIVING inspection, two horned two+
year old animals.  These are the jokers that are the
parents of 2 WASKALLY WAM LAMBS....1 apparently a
2-horned and the other a very cute little 4-horned ram
to this point in his 2-month life.

Last year, Hunter produced an abundant crop of
primarily 2-horned offspring, but a few 4-horned ones
out of 4-horned ewes.  Theory would give him no credit
for the multi-horned offspring....

Last year, Adonai produced her first lamb---a ram lamb
that was 4-horned (when bred to a sire that produced
quite a preponderance of 4-horned offspring).  I
ASSUMED last year that Adonai had nothing to do with
Adolph's 4-horned characteristics, giving all the
credit to SwallowLane Shakespeare.  This year, I
wonder if maybe the two of them didn't work the
project out together.

Now the animal that would be best butchered to
determine multi-horned trait in the skull would likely
be Adonai----who happens to be one of my more favorite
girls.

Would I agree to put her in the freezer this year for
the experiment?  NOPE.

Will I bury her in a marked grave when she passes and
decomposes?  YUP.

If I could get a beautiful 4-horned girl (like I
wanted from her parents---arghh) out of her, I would
consider selling her prior to the decomposition phase.
 To date, the lambs are beautiful.  I think it was
Janine Fenton who made comment that some animals
consistently produce stunning offspring of a
particular sex.  Maybe Adonai just does her boy babies
well.

Mary Ellen

MEH

Mary Ellen Hansson, MEd, RD, LDN