[Jacob-list] lamb count

Robert May newjerseyjacobs at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 10:00:35 EST 2005

HELLO MARY ELLEN, ET ALS...

YES, I THINK YOU'RE RIGHT ABOUT THE EWE-TO-RAM LAMB
RATIOS THIS YEAR.  TO DATE WE'VE HAD 62 LAMBS BORN:
40 EWES AND 22 RAMS.  WE STILL HAVE 2 YEARLINGS THAT
HAVEN'T DELIVERED AND 5 EWES THAT WE PURCHASED FROM A
BREEDER IN VIRGINIA (THEY WERE BRED LATE) THAT HAVE TO
DELIVER.

     IN TOTAL, WE USED 8 DIFFERENT JACOB RAMS AS SIRES
FOR THIS YEAR'S LAMB CROP.  FOUR OF THOSE SIRES ARE
FROM OTHER FLOCKS (UNZICKER) AND (SIX) FROM WHOM WE
PURCHASED BRED EWES.

     WE HAVE A VERY INTERESTING MIX OF "COLORINGS" AND
FLEECES THIS YEAR.  MOST OF THE LAMBS RANGE BETWEEN 20
AND 40% BLACK; HOWEVER, THERE IS ONE VERY DARK ONE AND
SEVERAL THAT ARE ON THE LIGHTER SIDE.

     SO NICE TO HAVE A DAY OF SUNSHINE AND TEMPS THAT
MAY REACH 60!  CAN'T WAIT FOR OUR PASTURES TO START
GROWING.

     TRUST THAT THE REST OF YOU HAVE WONDERFUL
LAMBINGS, AS WELL!

BOB MAY
SWAYZE INN FARM
HOPE, NJ