[Jacob-list] Mothering attitudes....

Christopher Brantley labradorridgejacobs at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 26 14:07:04 EST 2005

I'm wondering if any others have goats mixed in with your Jacobs and if during the lamb season the jacobs become far more aggressive with the goats.

I've kept only one goat, a weathered Boer, to slaughter in a few weeks. When I had a few more goats, they ruled the roost. Since I moved the Jacobs into another pasture and sold the Boer breeding stock, this little guy has been rather sedate and doesn't really trry to challenge any of the Jacobs (smart goat). Yesterday I went to feed everyone and found a one horned goat bleeding still, but otherwise in good shape. Whenever he came to the feed trough, or close to a jacob for that matter.... the Jacobs were ready to send him packing.

Just wondering if the Jacobs were less docile with hiim because of the lambs and if they would take the same stand with other animals in the pasture such as a protection dog, donkey,  or llama.

Guess I best go sharpen up my butchering knives.

Thanks,
-Chris