[Jacob-list] More lambs!

Christopher Brantley labradorridgejacobs at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 17 19:38:31 EST 2005

Finally lambs have started coming up here in the mountains! The three older ewes here have delivered with twins each... every ewe had both a ram and ewe lamb... only one didn't make it.

One little ram never got up and going, the ewe had cleaned him up. His heart was malformed when I checked things out. I guess I was lucky he was mature and healthy enough otherwise for birth without assistance since she decided to wait until I was at work to deliver.

When do most people give the lambs a tetanus vaccine? I know I've been told by a couple of folks not to worry about it at all... what's the consensus on here? How about worming the lambs and ewes....how long after lambing do you wait for each?

-Chris