[Jacob-list] Newborn baby ...

Neal and Louise Grose nlgrose at yadtel.net
Wed Mar 9 04:48:43 EST 2005

We once had a big lab/collie/chow male named George who loved to help care for baby lambs. "Ivy" wound up staying in the house for some time and would sit on my lap and watch TV after her night bottle. She and George bonded and would run up to each other in the pasture and lick each others faces for years after that. I don't know if that is smart, or just special.

Lambs and calves MUST have that colostrum in the first 6 hours. It is not a bad idea to hog tie one of the older ewes at lambing and milk out a pint to keep in the freezer for future use.

Neal Grose